Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Desumation!

After a lot of thought, several friends and I have decided to add a new imprint to Beyond the Joystick: Desumation. Desumation will focus on Let's Plays, with a core group of three people: Kenze, Lini, and me.

The imprint began as a simple idea in our heads. We tried out the beginning of Slender: The Arrival and freaked out, and decided it'd be potentially hilarious to stream our reactions to the game.
Kenze's logo. We're all ashamed.

Lini came up with the name, a tongue-in-cheek reference to our Japanophile pasts.

Desumation's a lot less formal than the rest of Beyond the Joystick. As it's our real reactions to what we're playing, there will be general cursing and dumb jokes.

Hit the jump for our bios...

I'm Brandon, the founder of Beyond the Joystick and a 22-year-old college student. I play a little bit of everything: JRPGs, adventure games, anything that could have a strong plot or well-developed characters. When I'm not playing games, I'm barist-ing at Starbucks or writing. My favourite game is Persona 4.

Kenze's 19 years old. An avid reader of comic books and ironic consumer of manga, her favourite video game is Katamari Damacy.

Lini identifies as a sea slug, and she wants you to know her pronouns are "your majesty" and "my leige," thank you very much. When she's not writing or bothering friends at work, she attempts to play horror games. Her favourite game is Bully.

No comments:

Post a Comment